INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL TEACHERS (KLANG) - ICT, ENGLISH, SCIENCE, ACCOUNTING & BUSINESS
Posts for the following subjects: ICT / Science / English / Part-time Accounting/Business and Economics (IGCSE)
- Implement the academic programmes of the school.
- Prepare lesson plans and curricular materials including the planning and implementation of Assessment for Learning.
- Monitor the performance of students through assessments and keep relevant records of progress.
- Assist in implementing the co-curricular activities of the school.
- Perform relevant duties of a form tutor.
- To contribute and maintain a positive culture of collaboration and shared learning.
+ Show More
KEY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Within the Subject Area
- To teach classes as designated.
- Preparing lessons thoroughly and keeping accurate and current records of work (including homework) set.
- Correcting pupils' work promptly, thoroughly, carefully and in a positive way.
- Keeping adequate records of pupils' progress and completing reports to parents within agreed time scales and according to departmental/school policy.
- Using digital technology and tools to enhance and support learning and progress.
- To keep teaching areas, facilities and resources in good order.
- Promote a positive atmosphere conducive to learning.
- To undertake some reasonable and specific responsibilities within the school as requested by the SLT.
- To give other such assistance as the HOS might reasonably require from time to time.
- To foster close, collaborative and cooperative contacts with colleagues, supporting the school’s coaching system.
Within the School
- To uphold school discipline and regulations as appropriate and to foster and promote equal opportunities in practice.
- To attend staff/parents' meetings as required.
- Participate in duties lunch/break/before and after school.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the key responsibilities and duties of the post, as directed by the Principal.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Teaching & related duties
- Assist in the development of appropriate syllabi, resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies in the subject area.
- Contribute to the subject area’s Improvement Plan and its implementation.
- Attend all appropriate meetings.
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons in line with school policy on implementation of Assessment for Learning.
- Teach students according to their educational needs, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the student in the school and elsewhere. Giving written and oral feedback on pupils' work promptly, thoroughly, carefully and in a positive way and to keep such records as are required.
- Provide, or contribute to, oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
- Undertake assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies, subject area and school procedures.
- To engage fully in the professional development opportunities.
- Form Tutor responsibilities and general duties as required.
- Graduate, with a good degree from a recognised university.
- Excellent subject knowledge.
- Min 2 years of relevant teaching experience in international schools.
- Recent experience of involvement in innovative curriculum development to include digital learning.
- Understand the role of teacher in safe guarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- A proven track record as an outstanding classroom teacher.
- Ability to lead and manage own work effectively and take responsibility for own professional development.
- The ability to motivate and encourage both staff and students to be innovative in their thinking and use of the digital world to solve problems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to carry out the job description.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Show Less
Sri KDU is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicant must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced ICPC check. A reference must be provided by the Principal/Headteacher of the applicant's current school.
The School has established policies on Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Whistleblowing. The school recognises the importance of having a child protection policy to establish clear procedures and practices for the wellbeing of our children on campus. The school also commits to integrity and in promoting a culture of honesty, ethical behavior and conduct in line with good corporate governance, where employees are able to raise concerns regarding suspected frauds, corruption, illegal conduct, wrongdoing or any form of malpractice without being subject to victimization, harassment or discrimination.
Interested applicants are invited to apply to [email protected]
Please state the subjects that you teach in your Resume.
You may view our website at www.srikdu.edu.my for more information about our School.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.